The Holy Quran
1. Is the Quran a Divine Revelation or Contrived by man?
2. Was the Quran contrived from previous scriptures?
3. Is it true that the Quran did not introduce any new precepts and rulings?
4. Did the collection of Quran throw any doubt upon the authenticity of its text?
The Prophet Muhammad (Blessings and peace be upon him)
5. Was the Prophet Muhammad sent with the Message of Islam to the Arabs or to all mankind?
6. What were the reasons for the Prophet’s marriages?
7. What is the proof of the authenticity of the Traditions of the Prophet?
8. Are there any contradictions in the Sayings of the Prophet?
The Muslim Conquests and the Truth Regarding Muslim wars (Jihad) and the Issue of Violence
9. Was Islam spread by the sword?
10. Were the Islamic conquests a form of colonization?
11. What was Islam’s attitude regarding the ancient civilizations and was Islam responsible for the burning of the Library of Alexandria?
12. What is the truth regarding Muslim wars (jihad)?
13. What are Islam’s rulings regarding fanaticism and terrorism?
Islam and Issues Concerning the Individual
14. What is the relationship between God and man in Islam?
15. What are Islam’s rulings regarding the human mind and intellect?
16. Does the Faith of Islam advocate fatalism?
17. What are Islam’s rulings on Democracy and human rights?
18. What are Islam’s rulings regarding art?
Islam and Issues concerning the Muslim Woman
19. Is it true that Islam treats the Muslim woman unjustly and deprives her of her rights?
20. Are Muslim women always dominated by men?
21. Why is a Muslim woman’s inheritance less than a man’s inheritance?
22. Why is a Muslim woman’s testimony in court not considered equal to man’s testimony?
23. Does Islam prohibit Muslim women form holding key positions in the state?
24. Does Islam command the Muslim Woman to wear a veil, and what are Islam’s rulings on a woman’s right to an education and a career?
25. Is the Islamic attire for women unsuitable for modern life?
26. Why does Islam permit polygamy?
27. Is prohibiting a Muslim woman from marrying a non- Muslim a sign of discrimination between the sexes?
Issues Concerning Freedom of Belief, the Unity of Islamic Nations and the Backwardness of some Islamic nations
28. Is Islam opposed to the freedom of belief?
29. Is the Muslims’ attitude towards Salman Rushdy a manifestation of Islam’s opposition to the freedom of thought?
30. Is the Islamic code of punishment brutal?
31. Why are Muslims disunited despite Islam’s call for unity?
32. Is the Faith of Islam responsible for the backwardness of some Muslim nations?
33. Does fasting hinder production?
34. Is it true that alms giving grants wealthy people an advantage over poor people in winning the Grace of God?
35. Why did Islam prohibit eating the flesh of pigs?
36. Why does Islam Prohibit men from wearing gold ornaments and silk clothes?
37. Why does Islam Prohibit men from wearing gold ornaments and silk clothes?
PLEASE: DO NOT HESITATE TO DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK,
37 QUESTIONS ABOUT ISLAM
Prof. Dr. Mahmoud Hamdy Zakzouk
Minister of Al Awqaf, Egypt
Chairman of the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, Egypt
Muharram, 1419 H. / May 1998, A.D
Translated by: Dr Thurayya M. Allam